top of page

Spousal Open Work Permit

Spousal Sponsorship, Visitor Visa, PR Renewal, Canadian Experience Class, CEC, Canadian Immigration, PR, Permanent Residence, Super Visa, Study Permit, Work Permit, Spousal Open Work Permit, SOWP, LMIA, Post Graduate Work Permit, PGWP, Intra Company Work Permit, Provincial Nomination Program, PNP

Spousal Open Work Permit

A spousal open work permit (SOWP) allows the spouse or conjugal partner to apply for job with any employer. A spousal open work permit is typically valid for the same duration as your partner's study permit or closed work permit.


LMIA is not required to obtain spousal open work permit. You may qualify for SWOP if your spouse or conjugal partner is a full time student, is working on Post Graduate Work Permit or is working on closed work permit.

Must not be charged with any serious offence and should not have a criminal record.

Your spouse is either a full time student with a Canadian post-secondary institute, holds a PGWP or is working on a closed work permit with 6 months or longer in duration working in NOC 0, A or B categories.

The validity of your work permit will not be longer than your spouse's work permit.

Should be more than 18 years of age.

Eligibility Requirements

Have a valid study permit or work permit

Are a full-time student at Canadian DLI

Are eligible for Post Graduate Work Permit

bottom of page