top of page

Post Graduate Work Permit

PR Renewal, Canadian Experience Class, CEC, Canadian Immigration, PR, Permanent Residence, Visitor Visa, Super Visa, Study Permit, Work Permit, Spousal Open Work Permit, SOWP, LMIA , Post Graduate Work Permit, PGWP

Post Graduate Work Permit

A post-graduation work permit (PGWP) is issued anywhere between eight months and up to three years. The length of the permit depends on the length of the study program which the candidate has completed in Canada. The permit issued won't exceed the length of the study program.

Candidate must have attained full-time student status in Canada during the course of every academic session of the program of study they have completed.

To apply for a post-graduation work permit, the applicant must presently hold a valid temporary status.

Candidates are entitled to only 1 post-graduation work permit in their lifetime.

Applicants must have received a transcript and an official letter from the acceptable DLI verifying that all the requirements have been met by the candidate during their program of study.

Eligibility Requirements

Complete studies from Canadian College or University

Maintained full time status as student

Apply within 180 days of getting transcript

To be eligible for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP), an international student must be at least 18 years old and should have completed a full-time study program in Canada of at least 8 months.

bottom of page